Friday, March 9, 2012

Effexor is giving me my life back!

First, my apologizes for my long absence. My illness turned into pneumonia and it has been a tough road.

There is good news! I did what so many encouraged me to do and I went to my doctor to change my anti-depressant to Effexor! I started taking it even in the middle of my pneumonia because I didn't want to waste another minute. I was just praying that it would work the same as it had years ago. I was really scared in case I fell deeper into my dark place. It has only been three weeks and yet I am totally feeling so much better. I have hope back in my life and it has been so long since I have felt any hope or joy.

I think I would still be paralyzed by the fear of what could happen. Thanks for all the encouragement to move forward.

I would love to hear more from you on how you are or are not managing this disease. I really believe we can help one another from our experiences.

3 comments:

  1. Glad for the good news :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell you are happier! When I talk to you the life is back in your voice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Suzy
    I have been following your blog. Like so many others who probably read it but don't comment I want to tell you how terrific I think you are! I am so happy to hear you are doing better. Depression is not new to me as I have lived with it one way or another all my life My mom has suffered greatly along other family members.
    I know you have been a wonderful mother and I am so grateful to you and John for raising such a hard working son who is now apart of our family. He is a good man and I appreciate him especially for his love and dedication to Ashley and Zach.
    You are a wonderful grandmother and I know you have helped them when you didn't feel well. Your kindness does not go unnoticed by me, I just wish I were closer to help out more.
    I wish you the very best and will look forward to your updates.
    Love,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete