Monday, September 17, 2012

There were a couple of situations that seemed to define for me the disease I had. I was sitting on the couch looking out the window one afternoon and saw two neighbors just chatting. The thought in my mind was I really needed to be outside chatting with them. But when more than an hour passed and I hadn't moved from my couch, I realized that no matter what my desire was, I had no ability to put thought into action. Another incident was a day I actually headed out my door and was going to get the mail. As I opened the door, I saw another neighbor outside working in her garden and I very quietly closed the door and quickly went back inside. Everything became too hard. I couldn't answer my phone because I didn't know who would be calling. What if they asked me a question and it was difficult to answer? Making any kind of decision was a huge challenge, an insurmountable obstacle. I stopped going to the person who had cut my hair for years and went to someone that didn't know me. I couldn't go to the store because if I ran into someone I knew, I might be required to carry on a conversation and thinking of something to say seemed like an impossible task.

No comments:

Post a Comment