Friday, December 9, 2011

You Are Not Alone!

Several months into my struggle with depression and still waiting and hoping the medication might start to work I had an experience that will always stay with me. I had gone to church but I was so tired and started to cry. I couldn't seem to control the crying so I went home. I sat at home for the next couple hours and cried. I didn't know how much longer I could survive in the bottomless pit. My husband came home from church and told me that one of the ladies had approached him. She then told him, “I feel as though Suzy is in a very dark place and if she ever wants to talk, tell her I am there”.

No words can express the small sliver of hope she had extended to me. She used words that told me she had been where I was and could understand what my suffering was all about. From then on I knew there was at least one other person that truly got it and I was not alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment