Saturday, October 6, 2012

Losing a Friend

I had a dear friend of my pass away a few days ago and it has just sunk me into the deep. I don't know if I internalize things so deep that with my depression it pushes me further down or what. I can't stop thinking about how much I will miss her and how empty my life feels. She was one of those friends that are rare to find yet I was blessed to have her. She knew my deepest and darkest feelings. When my son came to me and told me he was gay, and I didn't know if I would ever stop hurting and crying, she was there.When another son overdosed not once but twice, (but through two different miracles lived), and once again felt my heart break, she was there. When I felt as though I had failed as a mother, she was there. She never judged me and she never broke my confidences. I knew she was a safe place for me.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know she had died. So sorry for you and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry for you!! What in the world happened? She was way too young!
    I just read the past few blogs and I'm doing some of those same things now!! I've been blaming it on my job and getting too burned out forcing myself to act happy and cheerful all day!! I even drove around an extra twenty minutes today to avoid my neighbor who was doing yard work. As soon as I pulled into my driveway. I grabbed my purse and left everything in the car until it was dark and no one was out.

    ReplyDelete